Friday, January 09, 2015

Food

  

Here are some of the things Angela cooks: Mushroom and chicken pie. those are fresh figs straight from the tree, on that plate on the right. She made a Clafoutis out of them, below:




Instead of the berries called for in the recipe, she used figs.










I have not actually tasted any of it yet. I am hoping she will give me some.

I did not get a photo of the fish and chips wrapped in paper that we had in town, but have been reassured there will be future opportunities.


This is a potato/sweet potato strata with a seasoned cream sauce.  

I like this dome lined with netting to cover food.

I had a hard time getting a photo of the table setting without people's hands in the picture, so I hope her guests do not send me a bill for the photo.

3 comments:

Finding Joy said...

I do hope you were able to enjoy some of those delicious looking dishes!

anonymous said...

Hi Lydia,
so glad you made it to your destination safely.

My the food you show in your photos looks delicious. I especially like the looks of the fig dessert. Reminds me of the fig tree at my grandmothers as a child in California. I have learned that some figs actually grow in So. Oregon also.

Have fun and thank you for sharing your photos with us.

Janet Westrup.

Unknown said...

These photos make me realize what people miss out on by eating out fast food all the time. Food can be art along with nourishment. It satisfies the soul in a deeper way when made with love like this.