Saturday, December 27, 2014

Did You Think To Pray?

Please click on the picture, above, to hear the beautiful song.

Remember to pray without ceasing, (1 Thessalonians 5:17) and to take every request to Him in prayer. (Philippians 4:6). In all your relationships, do the right thing, letting the Word of God in scripture be your guide, but always preface every action and word  with prayer, and then back it up with prayer.  Prayer is like the engine and the caboose of a train, where one leads and another keeps it from sliding back. There is so much more that can be done with prayer, that I doubt we have ever really tapped that source to its full extent. We have so many avenues of expression and sharing, but let us make it a habit of going to our Lord first in prayer.

I have not created anything in a few weeks and not sewn anything, although I have a pile of things to work on and show later. Today I am sharing a stack of small quilts that someone made for me. I had sent her some of my left-over pieces of fabrics from sewing, intending for her to have them for herself, but she sewed them up (she got a real quilting machine and is trying it out) into little runners and table-toppers and throws (lap quilts) and sent them back to me. There they are all folded up on top of a trunk, with the coffee-table runner on top. 
Please do not let the exciting Christmas season be the end of love, joy and peace for you, but carry on the celebration in your home, making it beautiful and wonderful in every way. Get out your favorite things and put them around and enjoy them. Click on the other ladies blogs on the left of this page and get some ideas of what people are doing to make home living a delight, even when they are living in not-the-best-circumstances. I admire the women who have made homes of humble places.


To summarize, when you get up in the morning and the day seems bleak to you, and maybe your future is up in the air, don't forget to pray. God is the only one you can really rely on and trust, and there is nothing wrong with keeping a prayer in your mind a hundred times a day.

At this time of year I am overwhelmed with thankfulness for many things, but am especially thankful for all you who leave such lovely, supportive comments, and who have contributed their wisdom and given me so many ideas for future posts.

Note for newcomers: This is a homemaking web-log for ladies, with a spiritual tone, based on Titus 2 , I Timothy 5:14,  1 Timothy 2:9, and many other scriptures. It is for the edification of ladies who see the home as a priority in their lives.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

"Hello dear Lydia,
I couldn't post a comment on your blog, so I am sending this email.
The last blog was such an inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are a blessing to me and so many Lydia. May God bless you with His peace and joy.
Hugs from Shirley in Virginia"

amulbunny's random thoughts said...

Two of my favorite Martin Luther quotes on prayer:

Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a goodly Christian weapon.
Martin Luther

To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing.

Martin Luther