Thursday, April 11, 2013

Song of Inspiration and Comfort

Home Sweet Home
By Walter Sadler





I think of my father, a WW2 veteran, when I hear this song. How would Christians live without having  the hope of "going home," through obedience to the gospel,  to a reward  beyond this perishable life.   I have added this to the top of my playlist, which you see on the left sidebar.

Here is a song that was written to comfort the writer when his brother passed away. The lyrics on the screen say, "Enter heaven shouting, before the Father and the Son," but the actual word is "love for the Father and the Son."



For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;  Colossians 1:5 


If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard...  Colossians 1:23

I have included these passages because they mention "the gospel," which is connected to many things. Here are just a few references to the word "gospel" among the many, many references in the New Testament:

The Kingdom - Matthew 9:35
Preached to the poor - Matthew 11:5
Requires repentance and belief - Mark 1:15
Published - Mark 13:10
Preached - Luke 21, Acts 8:25
Defined as the death, burial and ressurection - I Corinthians 15:1-4

There are only about two "sad" songs on my playlist, but even they are quite uplifting. Be sure to click the playlist on my sidebar, or go here to  click it on and listen to all my favorites, and yours, too. They should all play automatically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wept as I sang along with the songs you posted. Many of those dearest to me have gone ahead.

Have sung a capella many comforting hymns at funerals.

The older I get the more I appreciate these kinds of songs.